Site Reliability Engineer - Ably Realtime
May 2020 - Present
Site Reliability Engineer - MyDrive Solutions Limited
November 2017 - April 2020
- Migrated the application to be containerised and running on ECS.
- Automated builds and deploys of new Docker images to ECS using CodePipeline and CodeBuild.
- Automated EC2 AMI builds using Systems Manager and Chef.
- Automated End to End testing of new AMIs and Docker images.
- Implemented detailed API request metrics that enabled several performance problems to be identified and solved.
- Built custom stress testing tools to ensure the application could handle predicted future traffic.
Software Developer - Blurrt
December 2014 - November 2017
- Designed a new algorithm that reduced the processing time of the natural language analysis system by 90%.
- Lead the rollout of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery across all services using TravisCI.
- Developed a fault tolerant microservices based system that processed a high volume of social media posts in real time.
- Implemented complex language analysis features using machine learning, such as:
- Sentiment scoring (including entity sentiment scoring).
- Topic Extraction.
- Emotion Analysis.
- Automatic query generation.
- User demographic identification.
- Automated generation of complex Premier League football reports and reduced load time from 2 minutes to under 0.5 seconds.
- Responsible for technical delivery of high profile live events, including:
- Built complex reporting systems and client facing RESTful APIs.
City University London - Computer Science BSc (Hons) - 1st Class
2013 - 2016
AWS - Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
AWS - Certified Developer - Associate
- Able to use AWS services to solve complex problems.
- Can provision and manage infrastructure using Terraform.
- Confident managing Linux based servers via the Command Line.
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment.
- Able to manage time constraints and unpredictable schedules across different projects.
- Full clean driver's license.
- References available upon request.